Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Faceplate Project

So today I saw something on Pinterest (love me some Pinterest right now!!) on covering faceplates with scrapbook paper. I thought I'd give it a try.

It's so easy!! I cut out the paper slightly larger than the faceplate. Then using mod podge and a sponge brush, I applied a thin layer of mod podge to the face plate and smoothed put any bumps. I folded the edge over and made sure it had plenty of mod podge to stick. Let that dry completely.



When the first part is dry I brushed a thin layer of mod podge over the surface. In this project, I used matte mod podge (even though glossy would look good too, I was just going for a matte look). Make sure the entire surface is covered evenly don't use too much, if your paper is then it might soften it. Let that dry.


When the faceplate is completely dry, using an exacto knife, carefully cut the holes for the plugs/switches.





This took me less than an hour to do four different sized faceplates. I love the way they look on the wall. In Holly's bathroom I spray painted the switches a cream color.  I couldn't figure out how to get them clean with out fearing I might electrocute myself. :)

(Tonight I am going to paint the tips of the screws cream also.  I didn't think of that at the time. :)

Before and After...

Before
After

No comments:

Post a Comment