Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Guest Hall

The hallway leading to the guest room and guest bathroom was very dark after the carpet was pulled up.  The original wood floors had a dark stain and the paneling was the same as throughout the rest of the house...Too dark!

I had some time during Christmas break and before I knew it I was painting the doors white.  One thing led to another and I got very close to having that area finished (painting, not flooring).

Hall before painting (furnace door)


The wood soaks in the paint.  It takes about 6 coats to turn a door white.  This picture was on about number three.


The original wood floors.  They need a lot of work, so I don't know what I'll end up doing.
The after shot...

I painted the walls Furry Ottertail, the same as the den.  I love the wide molding at the bottom in this section of the house.  I wish they were all this way.  Maybe someday!





No comments:

Post a Comment