Monday, March 4, 2013

Office Space

One of the last room we hadn't touched was the office area.  It had become a storage room of sorts.  The hardwoods in this room were in especially bad shape, but I didn't want to cover up all of them throughout the entire house.  So I just let them be for several months.

Finally, we decided to clean it out and put it to use. We cleaned it out, leaving a very dark gloomy room.  The floors in this room were probably the worst in the house.

Cleaned and sanded... Still looking very bad
Dark and gloomy

I love the large window!
I wanted something that would brighten this room, make it unique.  I started searching painted hard wood and I found several that I liked.  It was difficult to actually pour the paint on the floor, cause there was no turning back.




Before and after

I will start on painting the walls tonight.  I can't wait to see how it brightens everything up!!

















1 comment:

  1. I can't believe the difference paint has made in this room. It's bright & cheery!

    ReplyDelete